Sunday, October 16, 2005

BiPolar Pipe Dreams?

When I woke up first thing this morning, I was momentarily convinced that Project DOG is just a pipe dream, grounded in nothing more than a spike of mania.

This is not new. Us BiPolars often get fired up about something in the Hypomanic or Manic phase, only to see how ridiculous the whole thing is when our feet are back on earth. Often I get these incredible ideas in the middle of the night. The cold, hard blast of reality that knocks the straw idea over can be quite depressing.

But as today progressed, I started tinkering around with my unusual insight, and before I knew it, I had spent 5 hours in front of the computing machine, preparing the content that is going to surround the insight. And Project DOG has developed into a much bigger beast than I first envisaged.

The big thing right now is to set a launch date. I reckon it will be sometime during the week of Monday the 23rd. The question then is what day of the week to send out the email campaign. I'm a veteran of many campaigns and I know only too well that the results that you get on a Monday morning are way different to a Friday afternoon's results. And then there's the complication of world time zones.

These thing have to be planned carefully. I don't think I can rely on a bulk email alone. I'm going to have to post to blogs, spend time in a few chat rooms, email a few press related sites. Like I said in previous post, it's gonna take a whole days work at least. And the next week is going to see me putting many more hours in fine-tuning the content.

The main thing, though, is that I'm having a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts