Sunday, October 02, 2005

Blast of Fresh Air

Was a pretty shitty day. Except for one highlight when I went to the cafe to get the Sunday paper. Outside was parked my current, all-consuming dream:


If you've been following this blog you'll be surprised at this revelation. I don't seem like a motorbike kind of guy. To tell the truth, I haven't ridden a bike in 20 years. But in my late teens I spent more time on my bike than at school. Call it mid-life crisis, but I've suddenly got an aching desire to get in the saddle again. Open the throttle. Feel the wind in my face. Go places. Enjoy the ride.

Sometimes when you're depressed you need a blast of fresh air in your face. And I've been too reclusive lately. Not that I think anything is wrong with reclusivity - I take pride in the fact that I don't feel the need for hundreds of friends in my personal space. But I do think that to get outside of these 4 walls a little more often would be good. And I don't see how roaring down the freeway with 1200 cc of raw power at your fingertips can't uplift your mood a little.

So this is my dream. Not that it’s going to happen anytime soon, mind you - the mountain of debt casts its shadow long and far. But one day...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts