Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The last 24 hours

It's amazing how much can happen in 24 hours. Within weeks BiPolar Guy may have a live-in teenage daughter. Daunting for sure; Mrs M and my selfish lifestyles are going to take a serious whack. And Miss L is heading for a turbulent teenage-hood, which, given the tragic circumstances of her 13 years of life, is to be totally expected. But you know what: I can't wait.

I'm beginning to see that the Miss L issue has hounded my sub-consciuos for the last 5 years, and probably the major environmental contributor to my depression. Sure, I know I'm bipolar, and that the depression is a given regardless of external factors, but these things are never all or nothing, but work in tandem with each other.

I can't really pinpoint my mood right now (not that they even come into the equation at this point). I'm a bit shellshocked and numb by the events of the last 24 hours, and I'm certainly not on any kind of happiness streak. But deep down I know that this was my destiny and it's finally going to be fulfilled; bring closure to a lot of ghosts in the cupboard. So I'll sign off today with "Halfway House".

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy that you finally get your daughter back!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts