Sunday, December 23, 2007

A patch of Down.

I’ve suddenly landed up in a bad patch of depression. Didn’t see it coming at all. Mostly because the last 2 months or so have been one of the best stretches I’ve had for years. All directed into my business which is finally showing signs of life. Its been hectic for sure, but I’ve been thriving on the hecticity. Which is also why I haven’t been blogging as much lately.

So here I am back renewing my “bad weather friend”ship with BiPolar Etcetera. Bad weather because I tend to spend more time with BPE when the real worlds looking crappy.

Not sure where this Down has come from. The weather has been stunning, Miss L and are the closest we’ve EVER been and Christmas is around the corner. Actually I shouldn’t be so surprised with the Christmas part – statistics have it that depressives are often worst hit by Christmas time. Why is this so? OK in the Northern hemisphere you guys are in the throes of Mid-Winter –> depression explained. But not down here where I am.

Perhaps it’s just a spot of Burn Out from the last few weeks 14 hours a day stuff? Could be. Or is it the tragedy of facing the prospect of having to flee your own country due to the plunging political situation? Definitely partly, but that’s been here for a while and I been really Getting Things Done the past 8 weeks.

Or maybe I’m just been too overFCKNanalytical – maybe I’m just going thru this patch of depression 'cause I’m BiPolar, and in fact it was pretty much overdue…

4 comments:

  1. We all have our ups and downs and it is not possible to be happy 100% of the time. Say a fleeting, "Hello", to Mr Grey Skies with the full knowledge that your best friend Mr Sunshine will be along shortly.

    Sickly I know, but it is the festive season after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one going through this, over Christmas, in the Southern Hemisphere. My theory (for myself) is that I work hard at keeping it together the whole year. The Christmas holidays is a time where I can "allow" myself to let my hair down and then fall apart a little, OK, sometimes a lot. Not fair on the kids at all. I hate it, but it's like I have no control over it. But at least this year is nothing like last year this time and that I am truly thankful for. Good luck BPG. Remember, this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep thats it- you're bi-polar - thats my vote

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I do - analyze it, figure out the reasons, but even if I 'fix' everything, or think I have a hold on it, it just does what it wants which is MADDENING.

    It is impossible, I think, for an intelligent person to avoid the 'What did I do' aspect of it. It's really so dreadful, because what do you tell a 'newbie' who wants it over now. That they can look forward to a whole life like this? Plenty of ups and downs.

    But then one hopefully comes to the 'chill' approach, and you are probably so good at that, with your meditation and whatnot.

    Don't hate is the best way to get thru. That is, 'don't hate yourself.' What a novel thought. I guess we spend our whole lives learning that one.
    Tart

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts