Monday, July 25, 2011

Elasticity of mind

Everybody has what I'm going to call their own  "perception of reality". And if you could choose a quality to "improve" your perception of reality, I'm guessing a lot of people would choose ACCURACY or something similar.

Personally, after giving it some thought, I'd choose for my own perception of reality to have more ELASTICTY. I arrived at this conclusion due to several factors:

  • there is NO such thing as a singular accurate reality. Those that believe otherwise are deluding themselves
  • Reality is continually unfolding. The "unreal" could happen at any second in the furure
  • Judging by the sheer paranois of my PDoc* (at a recent appointment) at the prospect of me ever hitting another full-blown psychosis my personal choice should be governed by limiting the possibility of my mind ever snapping again. The antidote then is a more elastic mind that can accomodate more scenarios without freaking me out and tipping into paranois. 
  • With the explosions in technological possibilities, now is a more important time than ever to allow for more flexible perceptions of what is realisitically possible and what is not.  As one of my my gurus Philip K Dick said "we are going to have to get used to dealing with entities that can be siad to exist and not-exist at the same time."
* NOTE TO SELF: Get a new P Doc already. The current one is severly unbalanced.

2 comments:

  1. WillBeFine25 July, 2011

    Let’s take the weather. Dark, cold, wet and windy. Sunny, warm breeze and smiling faces. Two extremes of our reality. You can measure the temperature to a millionth of degree but can you predict the weather next week, next month?

    The weather is our mood, a distortion of our reality. All I know is if I wait long enough the sun will shine again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The antidote then is a more elastic mind that can accomodate more scenarios without freaking me out and tipping into paranois.

    As usual, you explain this a lot better than I ever could. :)

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts