Monday, November 14, 2005

A visit to the psychiatrist

Went for my routine psycho visit today. Nothing serious - just to renew my 6 month med script. Actually I could've just phoned for the renewal but I make a point of going - its kinda like an insurance policy. Who knows when Dr R. will be presiding over me in a hospital ward. She's a new shrink for me and, should the day come, I'd rather she know me (and me her) than just be a few pages of scribbled text on a clipboard.

I didn't go with any plan in mind to change my meds - if it's not broke, why fix it? - but she convinced me that things could still be even better (read between the lines: things ARE still broke) . I'm still getting a 2 day slump every 2 weeks or so and Lamactil has made things so much better this year that a little more can't hurt. Besides, I'm only on 200mg at the mo, so upping to 250mg shouldn't be a big deal.

But you gotta be on your guard with psychiatrists. They're way to eager to chop and change your medication - a little experiment here, a little experiment there - problem is: they're experimenting with your life.

I told her about TIP, by the way, so tipsters: be vigilant. (although after what happened to Dr.Tam on TIP, I reckon she'll be a permanent lurker).

Hey, I just thought: wonder what other lurkers are out there voyeuring us lunar ticks. Think about it - it could be better than reality tv - spying on REAL lunar ticks in REAL conversations. Can anyone think of a better formula for a reality show??

***
Bit low today, kind of walking around half-asleep and feeling slightly dizzy for some reason...

2 comments:

  1. mah man Y, as much as you're a sharpie & distinguished mensa groupie, you will always be a step behind tip madness :)

    check out 2nd post in this old thread:

    http://www.theicarusproject.net/community/forums/archives/viewtopic.php?id=3283&p=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. already man, finally got around to portray you in that big phat thread of pix at tip. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts