Monday, May 15, 2006

A life-changing phonecall

Potentially anyway.

11h30 am. An incoming business email:

"Hi Chris

Please phone me about business opportunities with regards to your websites"

The sender is a business development manager at the South African office of a large international co. (I mean LARGE).

BPG is fairly excited. Maybe he'll land a good advertising contract. 2 pm he phones the manager.

Manager: "Hi, and thanks for getting back to me. Do you know anything about our co.?"
BPG: "yes blah, blah"
Manager: "Well this is just an exploratory call but I wanted to let you know that our co. is moving into your space. So we're either gonna end up competitors, or maybe come to some kind of collaboration"
BPG: "Blah, Blah"
Manager: "We're gonna be moving quickly all that's left for us to decide is whether to build or buy"

Bottom line: "Are you interested in selling BPG?". Turns out they're pretty keen to buy me out, and from the way the talk went they're talking telephone numbers.

More 2morro. At present I'm running around getting my geese in a row...

2 comments:

  1. You can sell a blog? So will you be working for them, or what? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! This is great!

    Sorry I haven't been around much. You have been on my mind.

    XOXOXO Maggs

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts