Saturday, February 24, 2007

Paranoid Schizophrenic coincidences


People who see coincidences where none exist suffer from a medical term called apophenia.

In other words: Apophenia is seeing links where there are none.

So here come a few links:

  1. How is BPG related to apophenia? Because very often psychotic people (been there, fck that) suffer from Apophenia

  2. In 31 years time planet earth could be obliterated. This is not bullshit, as we speak an asteroid is hurtling towards earth (see article from the leading British newspaper "The Guardian")

    • From the article: "Scientists are monitoring the progress of a 390-metre wide asteroid discovered last year that is potentially on a collision course with the planet, and are imploring governments to decide on a strategy for dealing with it".

    • "Nasa has estimated that an impact from Apophis, which has an outside chance of hitting the Earth in 2036, would release more than 100,000 times the energy released in the nuclear blast over Hiroshima."

  3. The link you're waiting for:

    Aphohenia
    <-> Apophis (the name of the asteroid)


  4. Link 2:

    Earth
    <-> Apophis

    Seeing a direct link (hit?) between 2 unseemingly related things.
So I reckon there is a link between this asteroid and earth AND apophenia.

But is it just a case of apophenia??

***

Hey, if this post makes absolutely zero sense to you, don't worry, its just the rumblings of my latent Paranoid Schizophrenic mind. (my psychiatrist wouldn't like it either.)

8 comments:

  1. Hey, don't kick... it's a good explanation.

    I thought everybody did this.

    My father uses it all the time to substantiate his latest conspiracy theory. My mother uses it to explain why the End Is Near.

    I could have swung either way, but I prefer to just use it to terrify myself on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello bipolar! I finally surfed over here to say hello and check out your blog. Nice site! Where did you get that spinning yinyang symbob widget?! It's beyond cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well being a fellow paranoid schizo it made complete sense to me. I am up to my eye balls in conspiracy theories. I assume that everyone is out to get me. :/

    By the way, I forgot to give you a link to that podcast I was speaking of before. Here it is:

    Deer Park DharmaCast

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont worry too much about earth and apophis; the inca calander runs out before then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh bpg, here's a website for you to keep you occupied for a while, so mrs M won't have to pay for that babysitter of yours any longer...

    exitmundi.nl

    EVERYBODY PANIC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry too much about this. In 31 years we'll likely have seen global warming melting the polar caps causing about a twenty foot sea level rise that'll obliterate low lying cities and submerge them. And think about all the shifts in crops that'll need to take place too with the temp shifts. Already the planting map has changed for the US and we've only raised .6 degrees F. Oh, and what about Peak Oil? We've likely maxed out production for all the oil fields. $300 a barrel is going to seem cheap sooner than later.

    Think about the riots that'll break out and the extreme societal traumas that'll happen once the coastal cities flood out, people walk inland because they can no longer afford gas and fight over the decreasing food supply decimated by increasing farming and transportation costs. Oh, and how about a little avian flu? That might just get us all too.

    It may just be that global destruction from a asteroid in 31 years would be a godsend to end out collective suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, there are no coincidences. I totally get this post. Every time I make friends with someone and we have something major in common - I always think that we were meant to be:)

    I am not well at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, like, how young were you when you got accepted to Mensa? That is eyepopping in terms that your mind can keep up with all that. I was just trying to remember the ap... word for my schizophrenic friend. :P

    I am a big believer in emergency preparedness. That's as far as its gone for me, because I could use your post about time management, although my rantings about it have managed to help other people get together far more than myself. I can't help thinking that I really should know how to shoot a gun, although the state I live in (and attended a mental institution in) would most likely have a problem with me owning a gun. But you know, even if I went without the truth is we all kick the bucket eventually. I'd just hate to be in a state of terror while doing so.
    Tart

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts