Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Rapid Cycling

How fast BiPolars "channel hop" varies from individual to individual. Some stay in one state or another for months or even years, but others, like me, can switch on an almost weekly basis. In fact I always kind of budget for swings in the upcoming weeks. My experience is known as "rapid cycling", and it is a more severe form of BiPolar.

Today's definitely a "Pretty Shitty" one. I didn't sleep at all well last night and that is always a guaranteed trigger for feeling shitty the next day. The other trigger is alcohol. I used to be a fairly serious party animal but every weekend was victim to mysterious 3 day hangovers. I've stopped drinking now since January, and its helped a lot.

Think I'll go sleep just now. Its about all I can do when I'm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts