Saturday, April 07, 2007

Recovery

So I made a recovery yesterday and threw myself into all my overdue work. Always playing friggin catch-up in my office. 2 or 3 days down and the backlog never ends.

Hopefully my slump was caffeine-withdrawal induced (although it was 10 days since going cold turkey).

Mrs M and I are on a major health kick at the mo. Low GI diet. By cutting Glucose intake your energy levels don't spike and drop as much, and if there is one diet in the world I need it is an energy stabilising one.

So here is how healthy I am at this time (the list isn't specifically about the low GI, just health in general):

  • No smoking (been over a year)
  • No alcohol (been over 2 years)
  • No caffeine (I mean ZERO, not even decaf)
  • At least 5 glasses of water a day
  • No chocolates or sweets
  • Low GI bread
  • No sugar (Nor Aspartame - scary stuff!)
  • 25 minutes brisk walking per day
  • Very little cheese
  • Daily meditation
  • Early to bed, early to rise (5h30 am)
Actually most of the stuff I've been doing for a long time already. Its mainly the caffeine stoppage that's current.

And every morning at 5h30 I make Mrs M and I a cup of Rooibos (Red Bush) tea. It's a tea made from a Local South African plant that has amazing health benefits. To spice the morning cuppa up - we add ginger, a slice of lemon and a sprig of mint (grown in our garden). You can see these in the empty cup above, which I've just finished.

So now I got no vices left. Anyone got a suggestion for a new one??

8 comments:

  1. No vices left? Are you sure? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh
    i first read that as "red bull" tea, and wondered about the no vices...

    dirty sex is a good vice/ take that up... hurts noone
    ( consenting adults 9/10 survey SAYS )

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've had a complete change in personality
    it's
    um
    interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm...i'm sure i can come up with some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah I vote for rowdy sex too

    ReplyDelete
  6. you guys call rowdy sex a vice???

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about posting photos of dirty dishes on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! Kicking smoking and alcohol is hard. I don't smoke anymore but I do have some wine now and then.

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts