Monday, July 17, 2006

On a buzzz

Been on quite a high since last night. Not sure what triggered it. Maybe it's the music. I am so totally into my electronica at the moment. I'm even learning about the sub-genres courtesy of www.allmusic.com. It's quite mindboggling really : ambient, trance, drums n bass, acid jazz, trip hop, progressive house etc. etc. etc.

And courtesy of another fine site - gomusic.ru - I've been downloading albums madly for the past 24 hours. Some great discoveries: The Orb, Lemon Jelly, etc. (anyone following this blog from the early days will know that 6 months ago all I listened to was classical. Ah, the joys of having a shifting mind...)

Only problem with this high is that I got some hardcore insomnia last night. Only got about 4 and a half hours sleep. And I'm CRAVING a cigarette. (not to mention a joint). Last year I stopped cigarettes (here), then started again when I kidnapped my daughter (here) , then stopped again about 3 months ago (which I didn't chronicle).

Hope to shit I can stay off the damn nicotine.

7 comments:

  1. WillBeFine17 July, 2006

    Remember everything in moderation when it comes to mood. Regulate the stimulus. Ride the wave for a brief time otherwise you will come crashing down.


    I don't drink, smoke or take coffee or tea. The main stimulus I have is food and over eating. Carbohydrate overloads.

    Be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only read your latest - new to this site. Are you taking medication? That may sound ridiculous, but I'm a bipolar sufferer, and my medication numbs me to shit...so I was wondering how the hell you manage to sound so joyous... I've just started on this - my site is: catchmeadove - filled with some very random babblings. Check it out if you want - I don't know how this site works really...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm you know I truly believe that we really dont need ANYTHING to trigger a mood change. At least I dont. I mean they can be triggered, yes, but they happen all on their own for no apparent reason most of the time........ I have found it useless to try and make sense of them.Best thing for me is to enjoy the good times when I am lucky enough to have them and get thru the bad ones as best I can

    ReplyDelete
  4. On a low for me. Newly diagnosed 7 days ago. Always thought I was just full of shit. I seem to have the nicotine, carbohydrate and several other problems ontop of the BP "thing". Still learning, I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I disagree with you raine, I can always find a reason when I feel an upturn in my mood. it can be just a thought that I had that cheered me up, or the way a person reacted to something I said or did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moods come and go even on meds. Crap two mornings ago I woke up cranky as a mad hilly goat. I pretty much punched the dresser just because I was up early hadn't eaten breakfast and was stressed about getting to work. I've been getting depressed.

    I am an ex smoker and all I can say is when you feel like a smoke take a few minutes to breathe deeply. Guess what. That craving will go away!

    I haven't smoked for like 3 years or something like that. I still have to do that every now and then.

    You are better off feeling your feelings then stuffing them with addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems to me that every one has a vice be it smoking, drinking, shopping, or food. For me it's chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts